Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Eloquence of the Scribes

In this powerpoint we learned about the legacy of Howard. We learned about each building and where the names originated from. We learned about the different types of Ancient Scribes. We saw where Howard got it's name from and we now know the quote of General Oliver Otis Howard. The quote basically said he didnt understand why all races did not have the same privelages as each other. The slaves were free and had commited no wrong so they should have the same amount of rights as everyone else. All of the wonderful buildings of our wonderful school are named after GREAT people and they deserve to be. From the Tubman Quadrangle to Cramton Auditorium they all have special meanings behind them. This school is a very special school because it is named of great individuals and it gives me motivation to be as good as these people that these many buildings honor. I am proud to be here and knowing that one day I can and will be as great as these people put a big smile on my face day by day. I know that I am making a difference by just being at one of the greatest HBCU's known to not only the United States but known to the world. With this great reputation, I know and believe that I can be anything I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment