Thursday, October 14, 2010

blog 5

This week’s presentation was by Dr. Eleanor Traylor. She is a book author. She gave us a copy of a children’s book she wrote. It was rendition of the classic tortoise and the hare. Although I have not read the book but I’m sure it is a wonderful book. Its very colorful on the outside and has few pages and many pictures. And I am a fan of childhood stories so I’m sure it will be good. Correct me if I’m but I believe Toni Morrison co-wrote the book. She is a good author. I’ve read her books “The Bluest Eye” and “Beloved”. They were both very titillating books. I also think that one of them one some sort of award or was on a New York Times Bestseller list. I‘m not really sure. But any who, I need to fill up this word space so ill just keep writing some more about these books. My favorite of the two was Beloved. It was a story about a slave mother who killed her child. The child’s name was beloved. She was just a baby when she died. Well, let me back on topic now. Or maybe not. I don’t exactly remember but it was a really good book. I wrote a paper on it also. I got an A. At first the book was a little hard to follow, but it was an easy read over all. Thank you for reading.

Henrietta Egbo

No comments:

Post a Comment