Friday, December 3, 2010

Henrietta Egbo Course reflection

I feel as though freshmen seminar had a lot of benefits. Although I did not enjoy going to class at 6 o’clock every Thursday evening, the benefits outweigh that inconvenience. During freshman seminar we had a lot of very motivational speakers. They were all very accomplished and reputable speakers. And luckily for me, a lot of them spoke about things regarding my field of study, biology. But even for the ones who didn’t speak on topics of my major, I still enjoyed hearing them. Most of the speakers talked about how we as young black students are the future. How we have the potential to accomplish things that generations before us weren’t able to. They also spoke about how our ancestors paved the way for us to have the opportunities we have. It was refreshing as well as an honor to be in the presence of prominent successful adults. Freshman seminar gave me a reason to stay motivated as well as reasons to stay focused on achieving my goal of graduating and one day becoming a doctor. Overall freshman seminar was an enjoyable experience. As much as I dint want to work on my presentation or get up from taking a late afternoon nap, I think it was well worth it. The ideas presented to me in freshman seminar well represent the ideas of Howard University and puts them in a very positive light.

No comments:

Post a Comment